Hawaii 200 and 300 hour Yoga Alliance registered programs on Maui
Center your mind and body, stretch the possibilities – take your love of yoga to the next level on magical Maui!
A Hawaii yoga teacher training with Maui Yoga Shala is more than just about loving yoga, it is about loving life and where else to experience that than in the land of ALOHA!
I am forever changed by this beautiful experience. I was looking for a change in life and I am so grateful that I found this studio, btw they are the oldest yoga studio on Maui and probably in all Hawaii.
This program has transformed me in ways that I didn’t even know were possible. Yoga Teacher Training was such a great experience. I felt this was a great time for me to heal from my past while learning how to pass on healing to others. Now I am more balanced, connected, joyful and grateful being, both on and off the mat.
Maui is such a remote place with a unique “Jurassic” nature ecosystem. It was great to discover and experience this tropical paradise, as they call it “the heart chakra of our planet”.
– Svetlana G.
What makes our training unique?
- Our lineage and experience – we are Maui’s most established yoga and dance studio for 25 years
- Our program is rich with the accumulated experience of senior teachers
- Global recognition – the Maui Yoga Shala is recognized internationally
- We have alumni teachers and studio owners around the world
- The location is on Maui’s beautiful, famed north shore!
- Group size – you’ll find a smaller, intimate setting for more personalized attention
- The lodging offers options for a shared or private room in the trainee house
Key aspects to training
- Intelligent sequencing as a science and an art
- Principles of anatomy and body mechanics
- Advanced study of asana -alignment and strengthening
- Hands on adjustments
- Yoga history, philosophy, and spirituality
- Sanskrit names of poses and terms
- Use props to improve or modify a posture
- Classical yoga teachings in the style of hatha, vinyasa, Iyengar, ashtanga and its philosophy
- A well-rounded approach to developing both your personal practice and your teaching skills
Your transformative experience
- Confidence building
- The space and opportunity to find your own teaching style
- Cultivate your voice, both as a teacher and as an individual
- Discover lifelong friendships and connections
- Develop personal power while increasing strength
- Build a strong foundation for your practice for life
- Connecting to the deeper aspects of yourself though knowledge, devotion, and practice
- Beautiful sparkling beaches and nature will contribute to your overall well-being and relaxation!
Begin Your Journey Now
200 hour 2019 Yoga Teacher Training Dates
July 8 – 27
August 5 – 24
September 2 – 21
October 7 – 26
November 18 – December 7
200 hour 2019 Yoga Teacher Training Dates
Why choose magical Maui for your yoga teacher training journey?
Maui no ka oi Maui is the best!
Yoga Teacher Training Dates:
October 7 – November 9, 2019
April 6 – May 9, 2020
July 6 – August 8, 2020
October 5 – November 7, 2020
Your Advanced Training Begins Here:
Our Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher Training is designed to lay a solid foundation for practitioners wishing to grow into teachers of this powerful art form. Through in-depth study of Asana, Pranayama, Teaching Methodology and Yoga Philosophy aspiring teachers are given the tools to share the essence and joy of Yoga. We meet daily to practice and study at the beautiful Maui Yoga Shala, located in the idyllic town of Pa’ia, a treasure on Maui’s North Shore. Beautiful world-class beaches with sparkling blue waters & charming, eclectic Paia town are a short walk from our studio & lodging. When not in class, there will be time to swim and snorkel in the ocean, enjoy the pristine beaches of Baldwin, Paia Bay and Ho’okipa, watch the sunset, hike the forests and waterfalls, watch the sea turtles and visit the volcano while enjoying the laid back vibe of the North Shore.
We invite you to join us here on the magical island of Maui, Hawaii for 21 glorious days of yoga, fun, friendship and personal growth.
If you are on a path to become a yoga teacher or want to immerse yourself in an in-depth study of yoga for personal transformation or growth, join us at the Maui Yoga Shala, the island’s premier yoga teacher training center. Here our students have the opportunity to deepen and expand their understanding of yoga, learn the skills of teaching heart-centered yoga practices and become a yoga professional.
The magic and beauty of Maui make it the perfect place for your yoga Training. Here in the land of aloha, the magnificence of nature and the loving spirit of the community will nourish and inspire you, giving you a strong foundation for your transformational immersion into the heart and soul of yoga. And you will be surrounded by the support of your student cohort, sharing the powerful experience of a yoga immersion that is sure to be life-changing!
Our expert staff of teachers have decades of experience in the art and science of yoga and are trained in several different lineages of Krishnamacharya. Our teaching team offers a comprehensive and well-rounded training that will help you discover your own authentic voice and give you skills to work with many different kinds of people and situations. We blend time-tested tradition with modern science and contemporary vinyasa styles to empower your creativity… in your practice and teaching, and in every aspect of your life. The smaller classes offer the opportunity for individual attention that supports your personal practice and growth, and helps you connect to your unique needs and gifts.
Come to Maui for a yoga teacher training that will inspire, nourish, and challenge you in all the most positive ways, and empower you to follow your heart and live you dreams!
I did my YTT here and it was the greatest experience of my life. The teachers are so well educated and thorough with classes. Whether a first timer or a life-long yogi, you are guaranteed to leave this studio a different person. The energy and the atmosphere are addicting to be around and the love is so so real. The Shala is attached to a little cafe with delicious fresh foods and they have fun events sometimes too! If you’re ever in the area and have the opportunity to walk through the front doors of this Shala, I promise you will not regret it.
Enjoy these teacher training perks at the Maui Yoga Shala
15% off required reading when purchased at our book store
10% off retail items, clothing and jewelry
10% off surf lessons, hiking, and adventure tours
10% off massage and bodywork services