Paia Massage and Wellness
Enjoy the ultimate in relaxation and treat yourself to a luxurious massage. The healing touch of our professional therapists will help reduce body aches and stress while easing muscle tension. Be transformed, head to toe, with rejuvenating bodywork and calming aromatherapy.
SERVICE OFFERED ON SITE OR AT YOUR LOCATION
Basic massage therapy is the most common, and the foundation, of all the massage therapy specialties. Experience holistic bodywork, deep relaxation, a healing touch and enhance your health and well being
Focusing on realigning deeper layers of muscles and connective tissue. It is especially helpful for chronic aches and pains and contracted areas such as stiff neck and upper back, low back pain, leg muscle tightness, and sore shoulders.
Lomi Lomi, or Hawaiian massage, is a spiritual healing harmonizing the physical and emotional. Deep, flowing, luxurious Lomi cleanses the body and allows increased light to enter the bones, organs and tissues.
This deeply healing experience uses smooth, heated stones during the massage. Hot molten lava rocks called pohaku are positioned on specific areas of the body and gently rubbed into the muscles and tissues.
Swedish massage relaxes your mind while improving circulation for the entire body by using strokes and pressure point work for overall balance. Muscles are warmed and worked to increase the flow of blood and lymph through the soft tissues of the body to relieve tension and pain and release knots.
A couples massage is a wonderfully relaxing, personal experience. Two people receive massages at the same time and in the same room from two different therapists with the benefits of bonding and increased comfort. Group massage (up to 4) is also available.
A new mother’s body has to be positioned as well as supported in the right way. Padding and the right pillows ensure that both the mother as well as the baby are comfortable. Prenatal massage romote relaxation, the relief of a strained back, and the soothing of nerves
Aromatherapy is the therapeutic use of plant-derived, aromatic essential oils to promote physical and psychological well-being. It is used in combination with massage and other therapeutic techniques as part of a holistic treatment approach.
SERVICE OFFERED ON SITE OR AT YOUR LOCATION
Wedding and Bridal Massage Services
Weddings are one of life’s most wonderful events, and they can also be one of the most stressful! A wedding massage package can help bring a sense of calm and presence to your special day, as well as during your wedding preparations.
We can bring massage to any of your wedding and pre-wedding events, including your bridal shower, bachelorette party, or day of wedding preparations.
We also offer couples massages at our studio and yoga classes for the bridal party at our studio or on-site, and even meditation for the whole extended family to keep everyone calm!
On the big day, bring some relaxation to the bride and bridal party and add a professional and luxurious massage to the usual hair and make-up preparations!
“Gorgeous spot – we had the best couples massage with Tim and Emerson. Their combination of Lomi Lomi and deep tissue was exactly what we were looking for. I loved the vibe of this place and was very happy to spend some time at this lovely center.”
“I had an amazing massage here…actually a few. There was nothing more relaxing after flying across the world. Maria is an amazing experienced masseuse. She is knowledgable, understands your body and works around it. First time I tried the lomi lomi…it was so good that had to go back for the Swedish and the deep tissue.”
5 Benefits Of Massage Therapy
1. It Is Relaxing – When the body is tense and under stress, it produces unhealthy levels of the well-known stress hormone, cortisol, which can contribute to weight gain, sleeplessness, digestive problems, and headaches. Massage therapy has been shown to decrease cortisol levels in the body. This enables the body to enter a recovery mode. Moreover, this form of therapy also triggers lasting feelings of relaxation, improved mood, and reduced stress levels.
2. It Reduces Stress – Not only can massage therapy help with stress relief, but regular massage sessions over a prolonged period of time can boost energy levels, reduce pain, and stimulate individuals on physical as well as emotional levels.
3. It Can Help Lower Blood Pressure – Regular massage therapy sessions have been found to reduce blood pressure levels. In fact, some long-term studies have shown that a consistent massage program can reduce both systolic (upper number) and diastolic (lower number) blood pressure. Moreover, it can also reduce cortisol levels within the body. Furthermore, consistent massage sessions can also reduce trigger sources for anxiety, hostility, tension, and depression. In turn, lower blood pressure levels can also reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke, and/or kidney failure, as well as many other health issues.
4. It Promotes Muscle Relaxation – The purpose of massage therapy is to target the source of the body’s pain via eliminating tense muscles, increasing flexibility, and providing relaxation to the affected muscles as well as the body as a whole. Massage also promotes circulation to the affected or injured muscles, which increases nutrients and oxygen to the damaged tissues. In turn, this increased activity to the affected sites reduces stiffness and edema (swelling) in the muscles and joints, as well as increases flexibility to help reduce pain. Moreover, this form of therapy also releases endorphins (pain-killing hormones), which boost the dopamine and serotonin levels in the body. These hormones assist the body in many ways–physically as well as emotionally. Case in point, they promote healing, pain management, and feelings of euphoria, as well as help to calm the nerves.
5. It Can Help Improve Circulation – The long-term benefits of massage therapy are not to be underestimated. Improved circulation is part of a snowball effect that occurs in the body as a result of receiving regular massage therapy on a consistent basis. This is because proper circulation brings damaged, stiff, and tense muscles the rich blood supply they need to promote healing.
Moreover, it promotes improved circulation via the use of hands-on pressure, which moves the blood through the damaged and congested areas of the body. In turn, the release of this same pressure causes new blood to flow into tissues. Furthermore, the squeezing, twisting, and pulling action of the massage technique also removes lactic acid from the muscle tissues. As a result, this action improves the lymph fluid circulation, which carries metabolic waste products away from internal organs and muscles. In turn, this results in lower blood pressure levels and improved overall body function.