Dear Maui Yoga Shala Ohana,
It is with an open heart and sound mind that we are officially re-opened for in-studio classes after receiving the green light from Mayor Victorino for yoga, pilates, and dance studios to open back up for business with the new guidelines.
We will also continue to livestream all classes online via the Zoom app, so our yogis/yoginis near and far can join in all our classes.
Your health and safety is always a top priority for us and we have implemented new standards to ensure all of us can continue to practice together safely.
Our space offers an open space to practice with fresh Maui air circulating. We will have all doors and windows open in each studio as well as some classes taking place in our outdoor garden space. We have cleaned and sanitized all studio spaces, including all high traffic spots I.e. doorknobs, faucets, toilets, sinks, bar, and will continue to do so throughout the day.
In addition, we are implementing new standards, including:
* Maximum of 6 students in-studio for each class. Please sign up in advance via our website to ensure a spot. If full, there is always the option to tune into our online livestream of the class.
* Studio spaces are thoroughly cleaned before and after each class.
* Hand sanitizer available for use upon entering and exiting the Shala. Students are also encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer. Bathrooms are equipped with anti-bacterial soap. Please wash your hands before setting up.
* We have advised teachers not to offer hands on assists at this time and to maintain 6 ft of distance.
* No mats for rent. Students must bring their own. Please bring a large towel to cover your mat. Please, also wash your hands and sanitize your mat before setting up.
* No props for use. Bring your own if you wish to use.
* We will be implementing a temperature check before class. Anyone showing symptoms will not be able to join.
We truly appreciate you choosing to practice with us, and to ensure everyone’s practice is comfortable and safe, we ask you to follow these guidelines:
* Please stay home if you feel unwell or have any symptoms (even minor).
* It is strongly encouraged for you to bring a large towel to cover your mat.
* As much as we love having your energy at the Shala for practice, we will not have space for social gathering. Please do not congregate in the lobby or studio before/after class to socialize.
* Face coverings are optional.
Yoga is something we need now more than ever. We look forward to seeing you in class with us, and together we will take care of one another and our studio space.
Our Island Fresh Cafe will also be opening up soon for breakfast and lunch takeout! Stay tuned for an official announcement!
Aloha and Namaste